Nudgee Beach – Tuckeroo Park

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn Cat
    Keymaster

Ollie rescuing his tennis ball at Nudgee. Ollie rescuing his tennis ball at Nudgee.

1553 Nudgee Road

This is one of the Council’s few designated beach off-lead parks for dogs. When I visited, the fenced in area was a bit dry & dusty. It has undercover seating with a table & some dog agility equipment. Like a lot of dog drinking fountains, it was desperately in need of a drain unplug – I mention this cause it always attracts bugs etc. The mini beach is between two groynes in an inlet, so the waves are generally small & gentle. The beach is sooo tiny though, that get more than 2-3 dogs on it & yours might feel crowded. The off-leash area doesn’t stretch into the mangroves, so as much as your dog may want to play in the mud, & it is fun, it’s not allowed. Given it borders on a reserve, people do get sensitive about this. My dog did play in the mud on the very edge & this was enough to generate filthy looks from some walkers.
    Ollie had a lovely swim & run around.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Carolyn Cat.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Concerns or questions?

If you have any concerns or questions we would like to know. Please use the contact us button below.

Contact us
Newsletter Signup

Signup to our newsletter to hear about all things BorrowDogs.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

CREATE ACCOUNT ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up